In the last 2.5 years, I have done the following things so frequently I think I could do them in my sleep. I mean, I literally think I could close my eyes and perform these entire motions while dead asleep:
* Wash, dry, and fold laundry. I might even be able to sort it.
* Wipe noses.
* Hit the light on the clock so I can see whether Alex is waking at a reasonable time or an unreasonable time.
* Change a diaper. This one is so obvious I almost excluded it from the list. In fact, I’m pretty sure I have done this asleep or at the very least, fallen asleep while doing it.
* Say, “We don’t do xxx. We do yyy.”
* Purchase an item related to kids. Toys. Clothing. Bottles. Sippy cups. Silverware. Wipes. Formula. Baby food. Bibs. Books. I might even be able to research feedback on Amazon in my sleep.
* Pat a back and say “Shhhh. It’s ok. Mommy’s here.”
* Recite Hand Hand Fingers Thumb, Goodnight Moon, or Brown Bear Brown Bear. Bonus points for signing all the words to Brown Bear.
* Day care drop off and pick up. The driving while asleep might be kind of tricky though.
* Write a fairly uninspired blog post that somehow sounded a lot better and more interesting in my head.