Ahhh…New Years Day is finally here! Welcome 2009! I will be writing “2008” until April, because that is how long it takes me to switch over, but I do love the feeling of January 1st. It just feels like a fresh start, a clean slate, a new starting point. My husband and I have been working on organizing our house today, and I was mentally writing a sappy post about how wonderful 2008 was *sniff sniff.*
However, when my fingers hit the keyboard, I decided to go in a different direction. We moms tend to take ourselves a bit too seriously at times, and rarely cut ourselves any slack. We can be harder on ourselves than anyone else, so I thought I would like to start the new year off with a little levity. Please comment away on this one…I think it will be a good exercise for all of us to do!
* to not freak out if my kids sleep in/skip a nap/ go to bed late/ take an extra nap…twin schedule be damned!
* to not feel guilty for taking my kids to the pediatrician’s AGAIN, only to be told that it is just a virus and will run its course
* to not feel so grossed out by snot, boogers and other nose items
* to not obsess so much about my toddlers food choices and intake
* to let them lick the spoon when I am baking
* to let them help me bake once in a while!
* to quit beating myself up over the organic vs. conventional food debate
* to take my toddlers someplace…by myself…without a stroller or shopping cart
* to laugh more, play on the floor more, wrestle, fingerpaint and make messes with my kids
* to continue teaching my kids daily without obsessing about development and genius IQ’s
* to have even more fun being a MoM and wife
Okay, your turn!