When I was pregnant with my twins, I remember thinking (okay, maybe worrying in my control freak ways) about what in the heck I’d need TWO of?? Two carseats and two cribs were a given, but 2 swings or 1 (we quickly decided 2 after they were home)? 2 pack n plays or 1? 2 bouncers or 1? 2 nursing pillows or 1? I think if I were to tell someone they need 2 of something (besides car seats and cribs!), it would have to be nursing pillows! I have used our TWO Boppy Pillows (not pushing the brand- but it was what we happened to buy!) for an entire year plus for many reasons:
Read on with me- as we walk down ‘The Many Uses of the Boppy Pillow Lane!’
*During and after the NICU stay, when I was able to attempt nursing, the boppy was my right hand man- or woman- or thing- whatever- you know what I mean!
*After realizing that nursing wasn’t going so well (that’s a whole other post), the boppy became a PERFECT incline to feed my babies their bottles.
*It soon helped me feed both girls at the same time- I came up with some GREAT set ups sometimes with one sometimes with both when they got bigger. (Survival mode at that point- right moms?)
hee hee! This makes me laugh!
*It helped prop the girls up after eating which helped with their reflux.
*When the girls were a bit bigger (they started so tiny!), it was a great help with tummy time.
*Once Reese and Riley started sitting, but were wobbly, the pillow was perfect to have behind them. It certainly broke many falls!
Whoa! Riley in mid fall
* As they learned to hold their bottles, but had difficulty keeping their balance when tilting back, the Boppy was a perfect place to lay, bottle in hand!
* Still now (Reese and Riley are 1), when my sleepy girls first wake up in the morning, they love to lie on their pillows while they drink their milk from their sippy cup or bottle.
* AND my Reesey who LOVES to roll away, crawl away, or pull away while I’m changing her diaper, has a bit of harder time getting away when I lay her on the Boppy when I change her! :)
* Oh ya! AND my little dog has assumed them as her own personal dog beds for over a year.
* Do you have any other uses I’ve forgotten?!
I LOVE these things! In my opinion, you MUST get 2 nursing pillows!
Leave a comment telling the new mamas and mamas to be:
In my opinion, you MUST get two (or three, or four… ) _____.