According to babycenter, I will be spending about $9,180 on raising my 3 year old child this year. Little does babycenter’s “Cost of Raising a Child Calculator” realize that I actually have two 3 year old children, and a newborn. While I’m sure a lot of the costs blend over from one child to another, like housing and transportation costs, it all adds up to a lot of money for raising a child, raising twins, and raising multiple children each year! Having kids is an expensive endeavor, and new parents can feel overwhelmed at the idea of affording twins.That is why we are putting together a money savings series of posts this week. Everyone likes having extra money in the bank. Everyone likes being able to make ends meet. And no one likes having financial hardships.
We hope that we can pass along some of our money saving and money making wisdom so we can stop stressing about money as much, and start enjoying our twins and triplets much more.
So, get ready to learn how to afford twins!
- How to Afford Twins: Reviewing My Finances
- From the Archives: Childcare Expenses
- How to Afford Twins: US Government Assistance and Other Resources
- How to Afford Twins: Get Your Finances in Order
- How to Afford Twins: Making the Most of Memberships and Subscriptions
- From the Archives: Saving on Food for Families with Multiples
- How to Afford Twins: Make It or Do It Yourself
- How to Afford Twins: Cutting Back Expenses
- Foodie Fridays: Saving Money at the Grocery Store
- How to Afford Twins: Bringing in Extra Income
- How to Afford Twins: Buying New for Less
- How to Afford Twins: Free Used Stuff
- From the Archives: Second hand Shopping and Shopping Cheaply
- How to Afford Twins: Secondhand Shopping
- How to Afford Twins: Multiples Consignment Sales
- How to Afford Twins: Cutting Disposable Diaper Costs
- From the Archives: Cloth or Disposable Diapers for Twins?
- Twinfant Tuesday: We Cloth Diapered our Twins and it Wasn’t Crazy
- How to Afford Twins: Free Activities
- How to Afford Twins: What Do I Really Need for Twins?
- From the Archives: How to Afford Twins, Triplets, and More
ldskatelyn is the mastermind behind this week’s theme week of saving money, trying to help others learn how to afford twins. She loves saving money and making ends meet and is so excited that she is sharing some of her knowledge with others this week! She blogs about her family and parenting over at What’s up Fagans?