And if you have heard stories about my Papa Alan, you probably also know that we have the largest collection of hotel towels in the world (because he always brought us these towels as a sign that he was leaving town).
So, what do you do with these extra towels? Make a bath time towel apron for Baby Boy and Baby Girl!
1. Lay out your towel as flat as possible.
2. Lay out an apron that you like on top of it. I used one of my Thirty-One aprons (don’t the patterns just make you so happy?)
3. Fold over both the towel and apron in half. This will help you so that you only have to cut once, and it will stay symmetrical.
4. Cut out the top portion like so.
5. I found that I needed the top to angle in a little bit more, so I did a bit more trimming.
6. Cut out a length of fabric (the width is your choice) to fit on the top of the apron. This is just for decoration. The wider section will be sewed onto the front, and the thinner section is sewed onto the back.
Fold over the sides onto the back.
The back will look like this when it is pinned:
The front looks like this when pinned:
7. Cut out two long strips of colorful fabric. Make them as long as you can. You will want them to be about 3 inches wide.
7. Fold the edges over and iron to form creases.
8. Fold both sections over and sew onto your towel apron. This will be the underarms and the ties.
9. Sew on some ribbon (or rickrack) to tie it around your neck.
10. Enjoy your towel apron! If you have girl/boy twins like me, you will want to make a second one (not pictured) so that the second bather won’t be stuck with a wet towel. You can call me a thoughtful mom!
Feeling ambitious? You can also add some pockets at the bottom to hold some bathing goodies.