One thousand five hundred.
This is the 1500th post here on How Do You Do It?. Did the MoM bloggers who came together 6 years ago imagine that we’d have 1500 posts here today? I don’t know. I know they couldn’t have possibly imagined that we’d have an active presence on Pinterest or a vibrant community on Facebook.
I don’t think that the founding members of HDYDI imagined that this blog would continue after they all moved on to other things, but it has. I certainly expect it to do so once my time here has come to an end.
There have been a lot of inspiring and insightful writers here over the years, 71 by my count, not including guest posters.
What really makes HDYDI a community, though, is its readership. New mothers of multiples have stumbled across it in a quest for others who understand their exhaustion and feelings of inadequacy. Expectant mothers who’ve just discovered they’re having more than one baby have sought out HDYDI in an attempt to understand what they’re in for. Parents of older multiples have come by trying to figure out what to do about classroom placement. Thousands of those moms have become regular readers. Hundreds have commented, sharing their own wisdom, recommendations, and perspectives. And a few have become writers here, giving HDYDI an identity of its own as individual writers come and go.
I thought about sharing a list of our best posts here, but how do you choose a favourite child? Instead, here are some that happen to stand out to me today:
- Goddess in Progress wrote HDYDI’s inaugural post in February 2008.
- “I Always Wanted Twins” by Goddess has garnered the most comments (of non-giveaway posts).
- My article “Identical or Fraternal: A Primer“, has had the most views and most shares and comments on Facebook.
- Ldskatelyn’s “Things to Consider When Buying Bunk Beds” brings the most non-multiples readers to the site.
- Our blog roll contains 242 blogs and has been visited over 30,000 times since we started using Google Analytics in mid-2009.
- Our Monday parenting link party has become a weekly fixture and source of great parenting ideas and the occasional tearjerker.
- Twinfant Tuesday and Toddler Thursday have put our newest MoMs’ concerns front and centre.
- Make-It Monday has been a source of crafty inspiration.
- Foodie Friday has come back with a vengeance, now with recipes in addition to general thoughts on nutrition and feeding our families.
- We’ve put together a number of group posts talking about how we really do it with multiples, from baby-wearing and grocery shopping to organizing those bulging closets and breastfeeding a pair at the same time.
Here’s to you, the supportive, accepting and creative HDYDI community, and to 1500 more posts over the years to come.
What would you like to see covered on HDYDI?