How do you do it? is a community of mothers of multiples that believes in supporting each other, in sharing our experiences and questions, in friendship, and in encouragement. The link up is open to all of our readers, whether you have multiples or not, where you can share your wisdom, your favorite posts, your insights, with our online community here at HDYDI and What’s up Fagans?.
Each week, we pick some of our favorite posts and feature them the following week on our site! Plus, we pin them on Pinterest, tweet them on Twitter, and share them on Google+ and Facebook! Get some more exposure for your great content, and don’t forget to check out the featured posts from last week’s link up!
Plus, ldskatelyn of What’s up Fagans? is co-hosting our link party on her blog as well. One party on two blogs means double the exposure and community.
Each HDYDI parenting link up party accepts new links from Monday morning through Friday at noon.
So tell us: How do you handle conception, pregnancy, prematurity, birth, and postpartum recovery? How do you handle tantrums, diapering bills, stress, and potty training? How do you handle education and special needs? How do you balance the needs of several children with a marriage? How do you manage being a stay-at-home mom, a working mom, or a single parent? And how do you find time for yourself?
How do you do it?!
We had 30 thought-provoking and inspiring posts last week. We try to pick 3 posts for feature that have the widest applicability for our readers. Thank you for all the great stories of births, pregnancies, mishaps, and other life experiences. Keep sharing your insights, questions, stories and contemplations.
Our most clicked post from last week was from our What’s up Fagans? hostess Katelyn titled 5 Ways to be Happier as a Stay-at-Home Mom. She allowed herself to be vulnerable in describing a feeling many mothers have had, the feeling of losing oneself in the role of mother and wife. Her recommendations for finding self-fulfillment in day-to-day SAHM life were universal and on point. Even if you’re feeling pretty well-balanced and happy where you are, I’d recommend giving Katelyn’s post a read.
Carolyn at A Lavender Life shared her 5 Ways to Bond with Your Kids this Spring. I loved that she included a combination of activities that can be done inside or outside. Her recommendations were simple and low-budget, easily adjusted to different climates, family interests, and even seasons. Check out her post and say hi!
Mommy Life After PhD‘s Jennifer quite literally had me laughing out loud with her post spelling out the basics of childcare for Nana. Jennifer and her husband are taking off on an anniversary trip, and her mom will be wrangling the children in their absence. Underneath the funny is a very basic truth. Especially when you’re unaccustomed to caring for children full-time, just keeping them alive is the only requirement. Everything else can wait until you have that under control. Seriously, go check out this post and treat yourself to a good belly laugh. Just make sure you’re not drinking anything while you read it.
Rules for the How Do You Do It? Parenting Link Up Party:
- Follow and connect with HDYDI on the social media platforms that you use. Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Google+ | Blog Lovin‘
- Follow and connect with What’s up Fagans? on the social media platforms you use: Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Google+ | Blog Lovin’
- Link up to 3 great parenting posts below! Please, no recipes posts! Of course, link directly to a post, not your main page. Also, under “name” put the title of your post.
- Check out at least 3 other links! This is a party, so mingle!
- Leave an awesome comment for those you visit and tell them you found them at the HDYDI link party! And pin them/share the posts that you really like.
- Tweet about the link party, pin our link party badge, share it on Facebook, or otherwise promote this party! The more the party grows, the more exposure your posts will receive, the more fun you’ll have, and the more encouragement and ideas we’ll all receive!
- Put How Do You Do It?‘s Parenting Link Up badge on your site! Put it in your side bar, at the bottom of the post you shared, or on a party page!