Meet new people, share your posts, and read blogs you might never come across elsewhere. Twinkly Tuesday participants are generous commenters and talented writers.
Each week Lisa, Caro, and I choose a favourite post. If you have been featured, be sure to claim your fame by adding the Twinkly Tuesday Twinkler badge to your blog.
My Tuesday Twinkler for the week is from Maybe Baby Brothers and Me. Haidee wrote a post I wish I’d been able to read when I was a brand new mother titled “The Myth of Love at First Sight“. The fact is that not all mothers are overwhelmed by a rush of adoration and maternal instinct at the first sight of their babies. Some of us don’t even get to see our babies for hours or days. And whatever we feel usually falls within the realm of normal, even if the only ones who talk about it are usually in the love-at-first-sight camp.
Lisa’s Tuesday Twinkler this week is from Motherhood: The Real Deal. Talya published an interview with an anonymous single mother friend about the realities of single motherhood. As you might imagine, this post really resonated with me. Reading the post made me realize that I just passed the 3 year anniversary of being legally single, although I was single parenting for quite some time prior to my divorce.
Caro’s Tuesday Twinkler is from Glimmer of Hope. Merlinda wrote an exquisite piece to her son on his fifth birthday. She talks about the heartbreak of being separated from him immediately after birth, the challenges of toddlerhood, and the magic of becoming a schoolboy.
Take a moment to visit these posts, if you can. We would love it if you paid a visit to the other host links, and any others that look interesting.
On with this week’s link-up!
Link two posts, old or new, that you think deserve more readers!
We’ll also visit everyone’s posts and leave comments between us.
Pinterest: Lisa and I pin every post with an image to the primary Twinkly Tuesday Pinterest board and I repin the top pins on the HDYDI Twinkly Tuesday board. Send an email to email@example.com or tweet Lisa your email address and she’ll add you to the primary board. No more than 2 posts per week please!
Each week, all three of us pick our favourite posts which will be featured on the following week’s Twinkly Tuesday page.
There are a few easy rules to follow, to ensure that everyone’s posts get the attention they deserve. Please do make the effort to abide by the rules, in fairness to the vast majority who do. We have been forced to block participation for repeat offenders who haven’t responded to multiple reminders.
- Link up to two posts per week — old or new.
- Please be kind enough to add our badge to the bottom of your post/s. (Scroll down for the code.) If you haven’t (yet) been featured, please make sure you’re using this badge and not the featured one.
- Please comment on at least two other posts including the one directly before yours. Visit and comment on as many others as you can. Of course, checking out the hosts’ posts would make us feel very loved.
- Please use #TwinklyTuesday in your comments so people know where you found them!
- By linking up, you give us permission to use images from your blog if featured. You also allow us to add you to a mailing list to receive a weekly announcement when Twinkly Tuesday opens.
- The linky will close at 23.55 GMT on Friday.
Grab button for Twinkly Tuesday
Here’s how to add our badge to your site. Enter HTML editing mode on your post, sidebar, or page. Copy the code in the box below and paste it into your site in your code/html view. Save and publish. That’s it!