Welcome to this week’s Twinkly Tuesday, the link party hosted by Sadia here at HDYDI, Caro of The Twinkle Diaries and Lisa at Mummascribbles. We have changed the rules slightly, be sure to read through them even if you’re a regular participant.
Meet new people through Twinkly Tuesday, share your posts, and read blogs you might never come across elsewhere. Twinkly Tuesday participants are generous commenters and talented writers.
Each week, each of the hosts chooses a favourite post. If you have been featured, be sure to claim your fame by adding the Twinkly Tuesday Twinkler badge to your blog. We just have two Twinklers this week, since Caro was off at Glastonbury last week.
My Tuesday Twinkler is from Marion at Une Poignée d’Amour. Her post was titled “The 8 things that got me through the first month of motherhood.” The way parenthood works in today’s Western world, few of us have prolonged experience with babies until we become parents ourselves. First time motherhood is surprisingly overwhelming, and Marion’s insights and recommendations are pragmatic, honest, and filled with love.
Caro’s Tuesday Twinkler is from 23 Week Socks. In her post, “If we were having coffee – paying it forward,” Louise reaches out to Leigh of Headspace Perspective. Louise’s post is a personal note to Leigh, but she captures the intimacy and strength that makes blogger connections such a phenomenon. This sort of bond is completely incomprehensible to those outside this sort of community. You never quite know who your words have touched, and how.
Take a moment to visit these posts, if you can. We would love it if you paid a visit to the other host links, and any others that look interesting.
The new rules
We have a few easy rules to follow, to ensure that everyone’s posts get the attention they deserve. Please do make the effort to abide by the rules, in fairness to the vast majority who do. Instead of the two links we’re invited in the past, starting this week, we’re asking each participant to link only one, and the linkup will be open only on Tuesday (UK time) rather than remaining open until Friday.
Lisa, Caro, and I feel very strongly that each Twinkly Tuesday link deserves attention. We insist that every participating link receive at least one thoughtful comment from a Twinkly Tuesday host. Much as we love the rate at which the link party has been growing, we are all busy mothers with a lot of obligations beyond the blogosphere, so we need to keep the links per week to a manageable number.
Last week, many of you shared your solutions through our survey (thank you!) and we’ve adopted the most popular options.
- Starting today, we will only accept one link per participant. We will be strict about this, as those of you who have tried to link more than 2 links in the past know well. We invite your best posts, whether they were written in the last few days or years in the past.
- The linky will be open only on Tuesday. We won’t accept links until the end of the week any more.
- Please be kind enough to add our badge to the bottom of your post/s, to your sidebar, or to a link party page. (Scroll down for the code.) If you haven’t (yet) been featured, please make sure you’re using this badge and not the featured one.
- Please comment on at least two other posts including the one directly before yours. Visit and comment on as many others as you can. Of course, checking out the hosts’ posts would make us feel very loved.
- Please use #TwinklyTuesday in your comments so people know where you found them!
- By linking up, you give us permission to use images from your blog if featured. You also allow us to add you to a mailing list to receive a weekly announcement when Twinkly Tuesday opens.
- The linky will close at 23.55 GMT on Tuesday.
On with this week’s link-up!
Link ONE post, old or new, that you think deserve more readers!
We’ll also visit everyone’s posts and leave comments between us.
Pinterest: Lisa and I pin every post with an image to the primary Twinkly Tuesday Pinterest board and I repin the top pins on the HDYDI Twinkly Tuesday board. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet Lisa your email address and she’ll add you to the primary board. No more than 1 post per week please!
Each week, all three of us pick our favourite posts which will be featured on the following week’s Twinkly Tuesday page.
Grab button for Twinkly Tuesday
Here’s how to add our badge to your site. Enter HTML editing mode on your post, sidebar, or page. Copy the code in the box below and paste it into your site in your code/html view. Save and publish. That’s it!