Twinkly Tuesday participants are generous commenters and talented writers. I have met so many wonderful people here, but none more so than Lisa and Caro. They have been friends, cheerleaders, supporters, and counselors over the last several months, and their friendship alone has been worth all the work that goes into keeping this linky running. There are so many others that I’ve met through Twinkly Tuesday, bloggers I will absolutely keep reading.
However, I simply cannot keep up any more as a host. 40-50 posts to read and comment on every week had begun to feel like an obligation rather than a joy, just because of all the demands on my time. The children come first. I look forward to returning to the ranks of Twinkly Tuesday participant.
Twinkly Tuesday will continue
Going it alone means that Lisa will make some changes. She is taking this opportunity to make Twinkly Tuesday less time-consuming to host. As of next week (December 1), look for the following changes will be coming into play.
- No more reminder tweets on Tuesday mornings. Instead, you’ll get a reminder email.
- Hosts will no longer comment on every post linked up. This makes it all the more crucial that you comment on the post before yours. Let Lisa know if you don’t receive any comments on a linked post. Twinkly Tuesday is mature enough to self-police!
- Lisa will still retweet all your #TwinklyTuesday tweets, assuming you mention her @mummascribbles.
- Lisa will choose a Tuesday Twinkler.
- If you are linking up for the first time, do let Lisa know so that she can add you to her reminder email list.
We hope that you understand my reasons, and Caro’s for stepping away. Thank you, thank you, thank you all for opening your hearts, making me cry, and making me laugh myself silly.
It’s time. Just link up one post and comment on as many others as you can – including the one directly before yours.
If you are featured this week, be sure to claim your fame by adding the Twinkly Tuesday Twinkler badge to your blog.
My Tuesday Twinkler is a mortifying tale of an outing during potty training from Mummy Muckups with a heartwarming moment of parental solidarity. Just read Anna’s post. Both the content and the storytelling are lovely. Well, maybe just the storytelling.
Lisa’s Tuesday Twinkler is Heather’s beautiful tribute to her grandfather on One Crazy Ride. The photos, words, and feelings are uplifting and filled with love. The idea of his having over 100 grandchildren and great grandchildren is more than I can quite conceive.
Caro’s Tuesday Twinkler is a thought provoker from Tiny Tyger, Baby Bear and Me. Now that Lady Nym is reasonable sure that both her children are autistic, she ponders whether she would seek a cure for autism, if such a thing existed. It’s not as straightforward as you might think.
Take a moment to visit these posts, if you can. We would love it if you paid a visit to the other host links, and any others that look interesting.
On with this week’s link-up!
Link up a post, old or new, that you think deserves more readers!
Lisa will pick the post to be featured on the following week’s Twinkly Tuesday page.
- Link up one post per week — old or new.
- Please be kind enough to add the Twinkly Tuesday badge to the bottom of your post/s or your linky page. (Scroll down for the code.) If you haven’t (yet) been featured, please make sure you’re using this badge and not the featured one.
- Please comment on at least two other posts including the one directly before yours. Visit and comment on as many others as you can. Of course, checking out the hosts’ posts would make us feel very loved.
- Please use #TwinklyTuesday in your comments so people know where you found them!
- By linking up, you give us permission to use images from your blog if featured. You also allow us to add you to a mailing list to receive a weekly announcement when Twinkly Tuesday opens.
- The linky closes at 23.55 GMT tonight.
Grab buttons for Twinkly Tuesday
Here’s how to add our badge to your site. Enter HTML editing mode on your post, sidebar, or page. Copy the code in the box below and paste it into your site in your code/html view. Save and publish. That’s it!