- Ask the Moms: How to Tandem Nurse: Nine of the HDYDI moms share their stories and techniques for breastfeeding their twins simultaneously.
- “We did it!” Breastfeeding Multiples: Jamie’s preemies breastfed exclusively. Jamie tells us what worked for her.
- Can breastfeeding multiples work? Rebecca lets us know that nursing multiples, while often agonizingly difficult, isn’t all-consumingly difficult for all MoMs. It wasn’t for her.
- Ask-the-MoMs: Moo Moo: Tracey tells us all about tandem nursing.
- Ask the Moms – Ask the Readers! In this post, Momma Miriam seeks advice from the HDYDI community on what approach to take with her breastfeeding challenges.
- Foodie Friday: Breastfeeding takes forever? Rebecca gives us a few pointers to speed up nursing sessions so that you have time for showers and diaper changes.
- Normalizing Breastfeeding for Older Kids: I do my best to ensure that my (relatively) big kids see breastfeeding as a normal part of the human condition.
- Mom’s First Christmas: Jenna gives us some great ideas for small gifts that are nice for a breastfeeding mom.
- Foodie Friday: Breastfeeding newborn twins: Rebecca separates the bad advice from the good.
- Guest Post: Breastfeeding two year old twins: Eva guest posts about the extended breastfeeding of her twins and dealing with judgmental people.
- How DO People Do It?: MamaCyn wonders how people manage toddlers while breastfeeding infants without help.
- Ask the Moms, part 18 – Nursing in Public: Goddess in Progress puts together a list of recommendations from The Moms for nursing your babies when out and about.
Expressed Breast Milk (EBM)
- Breastfeeding Woes: Lunchldyd has provided all three of her children with expressed breast milk, but never fed them directly from the breast.
- Foodie Friday: Breastfeeding Twins: Rebecca pulls together advice from The Moms for a reader who doesn’t produce as much milk when she has to pump at work as when she’s nursing her babes.
- Pumping For Advice: Craftylissa talks about pumping when you have a full-time job.
Breast Milk and Formula
- Breastmilk, Meet Formula: Part I and Breastmilk, Meet Formula: Part II RebeccaD added formula to her nutritional arsenal, but finds herself nursing 3-4 times per night as the end of their first year begins to draw near.
- What I Wish Someone Told Me: Beatrice talks about the advice she gives expecting MoMs.
- When Breastfeeding Doesn’t Go As Planned: MandyE wanted to breastfeed and made it to 3 months with formula supplementation before switching over to 100% formula.
- Working Mom Nursing Twins: I had a few curve balls thrown my way, but managed to make it to 7 months with my pair before abandoning nursing altogether.
- When breastfeeding multiples “fails” and From the archives: When breastfeeding multiples “fails” LauraC tells us about the challenges she contended with in her attempt to breastfeed and how switching to formula was the right call for her family.
- Two Late to Take It Back: Shawn’s milk never came in. And that’s okay.
- Product Review: Our Favorite Choice of Bottles!: A 2008 review of baby bottles by twinmom122606. Of course, there are probably a zillion new and improved options by now.
- Corn Syrup in My Babies’ Formula?: The title pretty much says it all. It didn’t occur to me to check the ingredients.
- This Post Is Long Because Getting Out Of The House Each Morning Starts A Week Before: Rachel talks about preparing for infant daycare, including formula prep.
- Quitting Breastfeeding: Jen W shares the emotional letter she wrote to her boys the day she stopped breastfeeding.
- Saying Goodbye to the Breastpump: Lunchldyd decides not to try to pump after she returns to work.
- Weaning on Two (or Three!) Different Timelines: Jenna talks about how weaning works when your kids are ready at different times.
- Ask the Moms – Milk Transition: Goddess in Progress seeks advice on transitioning off the breast/bottle.
- So Long, Farewell, Adieu: Goddess in Progress celebrates the end of her children’s formula era.
Infant Feeding in General
- Breastfeeding Buddies: Twin Brothers Nurse while Living in the NICU Carolyn – Twintrospectives gives us concrete advice on breastfeeding in the NICU and using the professional expertise available at the hospital.
- Twinfant Tuesday: How I’m Rocking Year One (so far!) MarisaB talks about her techniques for balancing it all.
- The 4am Feed: Lunchldyd gives us her secrets to nighttime feeding efficiency.
- Energy-Smart Nutrition for New Moms Meredith Kimelblatt gives us some pointers for keeping ourselves nourished while we nourish our little ones.