We have all been anxiously awaiting spring and taking every possible chance we get to go outside. That being said there are days, even in the warmer weather, where you can’t or don’t have the energy to tackle the great outdoors, particularly with two or more toddlers as your sidekicks. Here is a list of 10 indoor games and activities (most of which we’ve tried successfully) to enjoy with your toddlers:
- Under the table picnic We eat most of our meals at our kitchen table, but sometimes it’s fun to mix it up. Why not make lunch or dinner a little unusual by enjoying some traditional picnic fare (think finger foods) under the table?
- Drive-In Movie Park your toy cars in front of a family friendly movie. Kids can sit in/on their toy cars for the “real” drive in experience.
- Take Play Dough to the next level and try making some Cloud Dough for everyone to play with. I found this recipe for cloud dough online
- Play Dress-up and host a tea party in all your favourite old Halloween costumes and silly hats.
- Get Cooking or Baking and make something delicious all together! Toddlers can pour, measure, stir and taste as you go along.
- Host an Indoor Car Wash or Animal Hospital to mend and clean toys who have been well-loved This is something that I wrote about a while ago on my personal blog and my kids love this spring cleaning type activity.
- Build a fort together using pillows and blankets.
- Favourite story marathon. Have everyone pick out two or three of their favourites and get reading.
- Explore a local green house They are often free to visit (or with nominal donations) and the bright colours will get everyone in a better mood or spend the day planting your own window box.
- Get artistic and let them use some of your best art and most cherished craft supplies….even the sparkle stickers, it’ll be worth it!
What are your favourite indoor activities?